Friday, June 10, 2011

almost there

I know I've said it a lot... but I can't believe I'm getting married in two days....!!

Everyone keeps asking if I'm excited. I think it's a stupid question. Of course I am. Maybe they ask because I'm not bursting at the seams trying to tell everyone everything about the wedding.

It almost doesn't feel real... like I'm just dreaming.

I think another thing is that I've known for years, longer than we've actually been dating, that I was going to marry this man. That certainty was scary at first. At twenty or however old I was I didn't want to already be tied down... and we were dating other people. Silly, isn't it? To date someone that when you already know you're going to marry someone else. I guess it was one of those feelings where you just want it to happen so badly that you trick yourself into feeling like it is fate. Maybe it was that at first. No, I don't think it was. I didn't want to like him. He was short and had two girls already fighting over him... I didn't want to get close to that drama. But I couldn't stay away...

I'm so excited to live in the same city as Mandy. It hit me today spending time with her, that we can see each other so much!!

I finished writing my vows.. finally. I'm just nervous that they're not good. Or that people aren't going to get what I'm saying, since it's a poem. But it will be okay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment