Tuesday, July 5, 2011

an update.

Ben and I just recorded our first podcast. Maybe I should preface by saying that Ben and I are going to start doing a podcast. It's going to be a way for us to chronicle our lives and us trying to find our way, etc. We want to feature local bands and artists as much as we can. Well... as long as it can be audio. Ha. As stated before, we recorded our first one. Yay!

I think that that is what is going to keep us strong as a couple... doing creative things like that together. :)

Today we also went to PetCo with Mandy. We looked at gerbils and mice for her and Ben and I got two fishies. Just goldfish, but fantails. One is regular gold/orange and one is calico. They are super cute. The gold one is named Sunfire and the calico is named Squid.

Our apartment is basically done. There is one box that is not unpacked, and it is full of weddingish stuff, so I don't feel like doing it. I think everything else has a home! And it is starting to feel like a home now.

Tomorrow I start working again. So thrilled. Not. I love not working. I love lazily waking up in the morning, eating a bowl of cereal, watching the weather on TV, snuggling with my Benny... not a care in the world. Now that I think of it, I'll still be able to do that... except I'll have the shadow of impending work over my head. Boo.

But, I am hoping that since I'm in a new place, with new people, new customers, etc. that I won't be immediately returned to my prior state of hate. When I left Bread Co, I seriously hated my job, which made me hate my life a little bit.

Regardless, I still want to find a new job. One that will use my skills, or at least address the fact that I would like to not be working in food. Now that I have internet at home, it will be easier to start my search. I felt a little weird trying to search for a job while using internet from my future employer.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand I also applied to the Y to be a swim instructor. I'm not sure that I'll get the job because they were looking for lifeguards/swim instructors. But we're going to need the extra income, I think. Being an adult is damn expensive. We'll need the extra income until I find a big-girl job! Thinking positively. The job listing only said two days a week from 7-11 am anyway, so that's not too bad. But... we'll see.

I've been struggling with direction again, or still. I don't know what I want to do. Something creative. Something useful. Not making sandwiches.  Alas, sandwiches! Woe is me!

No comments:

Post a Comment