Thursday, July 28, 2011

more kitteh

It's amazing to me how much I care about a cat I have only known since Sunday. I love him. I stay up at night because I'm honored that he trusts me/us enough to sleep on my arm. I don't want to miss it. Last night, he was curled up next to me, head on my arm, purring. It was so cute. And then he stopped purring and I couldn't feel him breathing. A million things went through my head in an instant, mostly worry and fear. I quickly, but gently, placed my hand on his tummy and felt it move before he started purring again from my touch.

I love him! He's like my baby.

I hate when people can't understand how an animal can mean so much to a person. I hate when people think that animals can't truly love you. I've had pets all my life, and I can promise you that they do love you. The look on her face when you come home from a week-long vacation is proof enough, let alone the purring and kneading. The yearning to cuddle and lick and just be with you.

And I can promise you after just a few days of knowing and taking care of my new kitty, that I love him like he's a part of my family. Because he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment