Saturday, January 28, 2012

Here I am, Life!

Today, I'm taking a me-day. Well, more of a me-morning. I stayed in bed until I wanted to get out, not until I thought I should get up and write a few articles for work. I read some Yahoo articles. I had a photo shoot with Brody. I pampered him a little bit. I made coffee. I wrote the rent check. I have not worked. And I think that's okay.

This week is about boundaries. It's about knowing that it's more than okay for me not to work before I go to work and work when I get home from work. It's about taking time for myself, doing what I want to do, not being a slave to money. It's about loving myself and loving those in my life.

Here are things that I want to do more of:
Creative writing
Baking
Cooking
Reading
Playing the cello (which I finally did the other day!)

It's about reclaiming myself, who I want to be. It's about being the happy, spontaneous, goofy person that I used to be before employment embittered me.

No comments:

Post a Comment