Saturday, January 14, 2012

b-day suiting up

My birthday is soon. Wednesday. I have the day off from Panera. Last year I worked. And I took in scotcheroos to share with my co-workers. Because I'm awesome.

Birthdays, after a certain age, never really seemed too exciting. Of course. Everyone knows that. But some of my friends (read: not good friends, but more than acquaintances) still to this day, even though they are around my age, are like OMG IT'S MY BIRTHDAY WEEK GONNA CELEBRATE ALL WEEK IT'S ALL ABOUT MEEEE!

I'm not into that.

I do, however, miss getting a little excited for my birthday. I miss the parties I threw in high school where my mom and I built tunnel systems out of cardboard boxes in our house. One was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle themed. Everyone got a TMNT-inspired mask in either blue, orange, purple, and red when they came. I was dressed as Splinter, the rat sensei. One year, it was superhero themed and everyone I invited got a unique superhero name for which they had to make up powers and a costume. For both parties, my guests had to enter through the refrigerator box labyrinth. Those parties were a lot of fun.

And my 21st was fun. Drinking in my apartment on a dry campus with a bunch of friends. Very drunk.

But, for the past couple of years, it's just sort of been... oh it's my birthday? Cool. Another year closer to death.

Maybe this year will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment