Sunday, March 3, 2013

Silver

I had a sliver hair jutting out from my head at a wacky angle, and I couldn't help but to look at it. Obsess over it. It's not the first silver. I have a well-established one in my bangs; it doesn't actually look bad. But this hair, sticking out as if saying, "HEY LOOK! I'M SILVER!" ... it threw me off. It just reminded me every time I saw it that I'm getting old and that I need to get a move on before I am stuck living someone else's expectations for my life.

My problem is that I used to have dreams... and now I've forgotten what they were. Maybe I just grew up, lost that whimsical child-sense that anything is possible.

And I just need to get over that. I want to know that anything is possible. I want to have crazy-wild dreams and pursue them with crazy-wild abandon.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. As I see my hairline receding, and my gut expanding (despite exercise and eating generally healthy food), I feel a sense of fear of growing old.

    But we gotta enjoy our limited time on Earth :)

    ReplyDelete