Friday, December 23, 2011

chart

It is the end of the year and everyone is talking about everything good and everything bad. So I will too.

It was a year of change and learning.

I learned how far I could get pushed until I snapped, when I just had to bite back at a customer or cry for a minute in the back. This was a good thing, I think.

I got married, and while this is a huge life-change, I don't feel much different. They say the fist year of marriage is the hardest, but the first six months seem fine. Although, we did seem to squabble about silly things more earlier in our marriage. This was a good thing.

We moved to a brand new city. This was mostly a good thing. I like it here. I feel like if I were the type of person to go out and experience life, this city would offer a lot. But, I miss being closer to family and actually having friends. But I love being in the same city as Mandy.

I feel like I got promoted at work. They like me here. They know I'm a hard worker and they appreciate me. This is very nice. Not that they didn't appreciate me at Shiloh, but I feel like I have more responsibility here.

I started baking bread and cooking more from scratch. Very good thing. I love baking bread. I love feeling the dough transform from a sticky glob to a smooth, elastic ball. I love knowing exactly what is going into my body. I love chopping vegetables. I love filling my kitchen, apartment, and building with the smell of delicious, healthy, homecooked food.

I started a garlic garden. I don't expect to get bulbs from it, but it was fun, and it's something that I want to do- especially when I have a yard. Good thing.

I got a cat. Good thing. I have never had an indoor cat for very long, and I forgot how nice it is. He is cuddly and sweet, the perfect cat for Ben and me.

I learned what it's like to be passed over. I suppose a lot of people have felt that way in the past few years. I hate not being able to get a job, especially when I know that I would be good at whatever I'm applying for. Not a good thing, but maybe it is in someway (like it's good that I don't have a real job, because I hate working...).

What else happened this year? I can't remember January through May. I worked at Bread Co. and the Y. I lived with two boys.

I loved teaching swim lessons.

I didn't love living with boys who I couldn't be naked or gassy around, but it wasn't horrible.

This is boring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment